Tutorial -- Record Management
Save Save to Browser Cache
If the AutoSave option is set to 'On' the 'Save' button will be deactivated. This is because all changes are automatically saved to browser cache for you, so there is nothing else to save! This is the default mode and can be overridden on the 'Settings' panel.
Cancel Cancel Unsaved Changes
The 'Cancel' button will undo all changes made to your active metadata record since the last 'Save', i.e. will reload the active record from browser cache into memory replacing any changes made since it was last saved.
Copy Copy Record
Clicking 'Copy' will make a copy of the active record be it metadata, contact, or dictionary. The copied record will be added to browser cache and displayed in the 'Create New Record' window to provide an opportunity to change the record name.
- Click 'Copy' for the current record.
- Change the Record Title to My Second Metadata Record'
- Click 'Save' - you are now editing the copied record.
- Click 'Delete' - we don't need to save this record.
- Click 'Confirm' - to complete the delete
- The Dashboard for Metadata Records is displayed. Click 'Edit' to return to editing 'My First Metadata Record'.
Delete Delete Record
Delete will delete the active record from memory and browser cache. Clicking 'Delete' will change the button to Confirm to give you a chance to reconsider or recover from an errant click. There is no 'Undo' for the delete function.